This Privacy Statement covers Loadrite's family of websites, which include:
Our privacy commitment
At Loadrite, we are committed to your privacy. We know that we must earn your trust—and keep it—every time you use Loadrite products and services to measure and take action. We continuously work to ensure that your personal data is collected, shared and handled the right way. Please read our complete Privacy Notice below for details on what this means to you. We start with a commitment to:
- Being transparent in how and when we collect - and use your personal data
- Simplifying our policies so they are easy to understand
- Making sure you have control of your data at all times
Loadrite's products and services are intended for commercial use.
Our Privacy Notice does not cover other organizations' sites that may be accessible via links from our sites. These sites have their own privacy policies and we encourage you to read them. We may often modify our Privacy Notice to update legal, technological and other developments. In that event, the changes will appear at this location.
Last updated May 7, 2022
We would like to inform you of our privacy practices on the collection, use, sharing and processing of personal information by Loadrite and its affiliates (“Loadrite” “we,” “our” or “us”) in connection with your use of Loadrite websites and apps and social media pages linking to this Privacy Notice (the “Privacy Notice”), your interactions with Loadrite staff in meetings and Loadrite events, as well as other offline sales and marketing activities.
Summary of Loadrite Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice summarizes our detailed Full Notice (further below) which describes our practices with respect to the processing of your personal data in connection with Loadrite websites, our business processes and applications.
I. How and to whom does this Notice Apply?
Our Privacy Notice applies to all Loadrite websites and those web-based or mobile apps that reference this Privacy Notice. It applies to the processing of personal information by visitors and users of the various Loadrite sites, attendees of Loadrite events, customers and prospective customers and their representatives; subscribers to Loadrite newsletters; and suppliers and business partners and their representatives. For more details, see Full Notice.
II. Types of personal data processed
We process the following personal data as data controller, which we collect during website visits, marketing interactions, app use and in the course of agreements with you or your employer: your name, name of the company you work for, email address, other identifiable data, payment information, IP address, behavioural data and information about you received by use of placing cookies and tracking pixels. For more details, see the Full Notice.
III. Processing purposes
We process your personal data for the following purposes: performance of agreements with you or your employer, administration of apps and website, monitoring website, app and email campaign performance, security and fraud prevention, online advertisement, analysis of behaviour, community site usage and engagement, use in marketing, and profiling. For more details, see the Full Notice.
IV. Legal justifications for the processing of your personal data
To the extent applicable to you, EU privacy law requires any processing of personal data to have a legal justification. We generally rely on the following legal justifications: (i) you consented to the processing; (ii) the performance of an agreement with you; (iii) compliance with a legal obligation; and (iv) pursuing our legitimate interests not overriding your interests and rights and freedoms. For more details on the purposes or processing and corresponding legal justifications see the Full Notice below.
V. Data transfers and Recipients
We may transfer your personal data to our group companies and third parties (e.g., business partners, resellers), acquiring or acquired entities, service providers, and, in accordance with applicable law, governmental authorities, courts, external advisors, and similar third parties. Some data transfers may cross national borders. For more details, see the Full Notice.
VI. Storage Retention periods and deletion
Your personal data will be deleted once it is no longer needed for the purposes of the original processing or as required by applicable law. For more details, see the Full Notice.
VII. Your Choices and Rights
You have a number of rights with regards to your personal data, subject to conditions of applicable law, e.g., the right to get access to your data, to have it corrected, erased or handed over. Please refer any questions to the Loadrite Office of Data Protection. For more details, see the Full Notice.
VIII. Changes of this Privacy Notice
This Summary and Full Notice are subject to change.
IX. How to contact us
If you wish to exercise your data subject rights, have questions concerning this Summary Notice or the Full Notice, or would like to discuss our handling of your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I. How and to whom does this Notice Apply?
Our Privacy Notice applies to all Loadrite websites and to our web-based or mobile apps that reference this notice, either in the information provided with them or the contractual terms that govern your use of these apps. Some web-based apps may have a more specific privacy notice. Generally, Loadrite and its affiliates are responsible for the processing of your personal information. However, some subsidiaries of Loadrite may operate under their own privacy notices or a privacy notice which supplements this Loadrite Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice applies to the processing of personal information submitted to us by, provided to us by, or otherwise collected by us from visitors and users of the various Loadrite products, sites, services, attendees of Loadrite events, customers and prospective customers and their representatives; subscribers to Loadrite newsletters; and suppliers and business partners and their representatives. This Privacy Notice describes how we process personal data for our own purposes. We also process personal data on behalf of our customers subject to a written contract. We do not control the data processing or protection practices of our customers (who may be your employer, service provider to you or your business partner), which may differ from those set out in this Privacy Notice.
II. What information about You does Loadrite Process?
A. General Description:
Loadrite processes information that identifies you which is submitted to us, provided to us, or otherwise collected by us. This includes information such as:
- Your name and contact information (telephone number, email, address);
- Data relating to previous or ongoing business transactions, financial details and payment methods;
- Company data such as the name, size and location of the company for which you work;
- Unique identifiers such as customer numbers, employee ID, mobile device identifiers, or cookie ID on your browser;
- Demographic characteristics such as age, sex, education level, and occupation;
- Data from surveys and publicly available information, such as social media posts;
- IP address and information that may be derived from IP addresses or other device identifiers, such as geographic location;
- Location information for a Loadrite product or a mobile device with an installed Loadrite app;
- Visual and audio information, such as your picture and information about work products and comments you post on our information sharing sites;
- Information about a device you use, such as browser, device type, operating system, the presence or use of "apps", screen resolution, and the preferred language; and
- Data related to your use of and interaction with the sites, such as advertisements clicked or viewed, sites and content areas, date and time of activities or the web search used to locate and navigate to a site.
B. How Does Loadrite Obtain Your Information
Information is collected directly from you through personal interactions, registrations for events or websites, or correspondence with us. Information is collected from your interactions with and use of our websites, apps, and products and services. We obtain information through our resellers and other channel partners. We complement information we receive directly from you with information from other sources, in accordance with applicable law. For example, we use data about the company you work for together with the information received from you to better understand the industry that you are working in. Furthermore, we obtain contact details, professional information, commercial information and behavioural data from business contact databases, publicly available resources, social networking websites and marketing service providers.
C. Some Processing Practices explained in Detail
Loadrite ID is our single sign on functionality. We process your contact details and login details such as user name and password. The purpose of this processing is to provide you access to our products and services to which you or your employer have purchased or subscribed.
Loadrite Products, Software Services, Apps and Subscription Websites
Loadrite offers various services to our customers. The data processed in the context of these services is processed generally on behalf of our customers (who may be your employer). When you use these services, Loadrite will process the following data:
- Usage Details. When you access our websites or use our apps, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the websites and apps, including location data, logs, back-end information and server calls, communication data, and the resources that you access and use on or through the websites and apps. The purpose for processing this information is to manage, secure and improve our products and services.
- Device Information. Our servers may receive data from your browser or device when you visit one of our websites or use an app. That data can include your IP address (which may tell us generally where you are located), device ID, operating systems, pages viewed, time spent, the type of browser and device you used, as well as the referring website, and if applicable, the search terms that led you to our website.
We require some of this usage and device information to provide you and our customers with certain functionality of our products, software, services, websites and apps. If you do not want us to collect or process this usage and device information, do not use our products, software, services, access our websites, or download our app, or delete our app from your device if already downloaded.
Also, we use automated systems to analyze your use of our products, software, services, websites and apps using techniques such as machine learning in order to improve our products, software, services, apps and websites. This analysis may occur as the content is sent or received using an online feature of a Loadrite app or website, or when the content is stored on Loadrite servers.
Loadrite app activation and automatic updates
When you are registered to use a Loadrite product (software or hardware) for which we provide updates to you, we may process information about your Loadrite product and any product on which you may have it installed (including your IP address), and your product serial number. Some of our apps connect to our servers and offer you the ability to install updates to the app, either in the background or upon your confirmation. We may keep track of information such as whether an update was successful or not. We may also use information collected through activation or app updates to validate that you hold a valid license to our product and confirm that it is genuine and properly licensed.
Loadrite Emails and Marketing Automation
Loadrite uses marketing automation platforms for sending emails. These platforms and other email clients track behaviour related to those emails, including whether you have received or opened the email, opened an attachment or clicked a link in the email, or forwarded the email. If you do not want us to collect this information from future Loadrite marketing emails, you can opt out of receiving Loadrite marketing emails using the “Manage Preferences” or “Unsubscribe” link on the bottom of the email you received (either option may apply).
Stored Information and Files
Loadrite online advertising
Loadrite displays ads to you on our own websites and apps and through third parties’ (i.e. other companies') websites or apps, in various manners. We collect information such as which ads are displayed, which ads are clicked on, and where the ad was displayed. If you download Loadrite content offered on a displayed ad, identifiers relating to you and your computer usage will be collected as a part of that download process.
Buttons, tools, and content from other companies
Sometimes our apps and websites link to other companies’ services via buttons, tools, or other content. We collect information about your use of these features. In addition, when you see or interact with these buttons, tools, or content, or view a Loadrite web page or app containing them, information from your browser may automatically be sent to the other company. We encourage you to read that company’s privacy notice for more information about their privacy practices.
Loadrite social community
Loadrite participates in social community sites and provides our information there (for example, our LinkedIn pages).
You may also be able to sign-in to a Loadrite app or website using a social networking account, such as a Google account. When you use these sign-on features, we may collect information on you from the relevant social vendor for providing account access, including a unique identifier, email, first and last name.
Loadrite places paid ads on social sites like LinkedIn or Facebook for engaging marketing thought leadership. Related content may also be offered. We require personal information as a part of webform submissions to provide access for downloading those materials.
III. For what Purposes do we use this information?
Loadrite uses the information we collect about you (including Usage Information) in a number of ways, such as:
- Providing you with our apps and websites for which you have registered or which you have purchased or licensed, as well as any products, software, services, support, or information you have requested, purchased or licensed from us;
- Performing our obligations to our clients which have purchased or licensed products, software and/or services used by you;
- To deliver you services, products, and support as necessary to perform the contract governing your use of our applications or to communicate with you;
- Improving our products, software, services, websites and apps and their user experience by analysing their use to deliver a more personalized experience;
- Generating de-identified and/or anonymized information about you or other users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, which may be used by us, our affiliates, and others without restriction;
- Diagnosing problems in our products, software, services, apps and websites and notifying you of fixes;
- Tailoring a website, app, or Loadrite ad to your likely interests;
- Providing you with functionality and/or marketing specific to your location;
- Communicating with you with regards to your business relationship with us, for example, when a contract is established or performed, or notifying you when subscriptions expire;
- Keeping you informed about our company, our product updates, new app releases, special offers, and similar information;
- Conducting market research about our customers, their interests, and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns;
- Using your personal and behavioural data, to improve user experience of our products, software, services, websites and apps and to identify other persons that respond similarly;
- Implementing cybersecurity initiatives, including reducing fraud, software and IP piracy, and protecting the confidentiality of your information;
- As further described in supplemental privacy notices provided by us.
- Monitoring usage and interaction statistics of our products, software, services, websites or apps, and/or to perform data analytics in order to assess and enhance our products, software, services, websites and/or apps; and
- Monitoring and/or process automatic crash reporting or other technical issues.
IV. On what basis does Loadrite collect and process this information?
For personal information collected about you in the EU, our basis for processing is the following:
In order to communicate adequately with you and to respond to your requests, we need to process information about you and therefore have a legitimate interest in processing this information.
In order to engage in transactions with customers, suppliers and business partners, and to process purchases and downloads of our products and services, we need to process information about you as necessary to enter into or perform a contract with you.
We process personal information for marketing and sales activities based on your consent where so indicated on our sites at the time your personal information was collected, or further to our legitimate interest to market and promote our products and services.
We rely on our legitimate interest to analyse, develop, improve and optimize our sites, products and services, and to maintain the security of our sites, networks and systems.
In order to comply with applicable laws and regulations, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to process an opt-out request.
V. Data Transfers
A. Data Access
Loadrite relies on other companies for a variety of reasons. We work with third party service providers, such as specialist companies in the area of processing credit card payments, providing software solutions, providing hosting services, or supporting our business processes. Some of these third party providers have access to your personal information in order to provide services to you on our behalf, in order to help us manage or improve our products and services, and/or in order to provide you with a satisfactory user experience. Under our contracts with these service providers, they are not permitted to use your information for their own purposes (but may be permitted to use and disclose anonymized and de-identified information provided you are not identified as the source of the information).
Loadrite may also share your personal information:
- With our affiliates (i.e. other companies of the Loadrite group of companies) for the same purposes described in this privacy notice;
- With third party providers (i.e. contractors or agencies) hired to deliver Loadrite marketing programs on behalf of Loadrite;
- With our resellers or other authorized sales partners for the purpose of following up on your requests or marketing communications;
- In legal proceedings in which we are a party or a third party, in compliance with lawful requests;
- When we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to protect ourselves against fraud, for reasons of cyber defence, or otherwise protect the property and safety of Loadrite, our affiliates, our customers and users;
- If a company buys us or merges with us or we sell a part of our business and transfer customer information as part of this business: and
When you agree to the sharing.
B. Does Loadrite transfer my personal information across national borders?
We may transfer your personal information across national borders to other countries in compliance with applicable laws.
We also receive some data in reliance on other compliance mechanisms, including data processing agreements based on the EU Standard Contractual Clauses.
If the content or data that you store on or through Loadrite software, services, apps or websites contains the personal information of individuals from the EEA, you agree that you have the legal authority to transfer the personal information to Loadrite, including the transfer to countries such as the United States where the privacy protections and rights of authorities to access personal data may not be equivalent to those in the EEA.
The information above applies to Loadrite users that have agreed to the Loadrite Privacy Notice. More information is available for our business customers that want to learn more about European data transfers.
C. Is my personal information displayed anywhere on Loadrite’s websites or applications?
There are places within Loadrite’s websites and apps that allow you to upload or otherwise share content, comments, and to communicate with others. Sometimes you can limit who can see your contributions, but some places can be seen by other users of the app or website. Before sharing, make sure you understand with whom you are sharing your information. Please note that when you post messages on certain user forums on our websites and apps, your email address, user name, or name may be included and displayed with your message.
To remove content you have shared on our websites and apps, please use the same app or website feature you used to share the content. If another user invites you to participate in shared viewing, editing, or commenting of content, you may be able to delete your contributions, but usually the user who invited you has full control. If you have questions or concerns about this, please contact email@example.com
VI. Data Retention, Storage and Security
A. Retention periods
Your personal data will be retained as long as necessary to provide you with the services requested. When we no longer need to use your personal data to comply with contractual or statutory obligations, we will remove it from our systems and records and/or take steps to properly anonymize it so that you can no longer be identified from it, except as required under applicable legal or regulatory obligations, e.g. statutory retention periods which can result from tax requirements and other compliance requirements and usually contain retention periods up to 10 years, or if we need it to preserve evidence within the statutes of limitation, which is usually up to 7 years.
B. Is my personal information secure?
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. We provide reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect your personal information. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are 100% effective and Loadrite cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information.
We restrict access to your personal information to our authorized employees, agents, and/or third party providers as necessary to fulfil our legal and business obligations and to provide you with our products, software, websites, services and apps.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) user log-in credentials (i.e. a user ID and password) for access to certain parts of our services or apps, you are responsible for keeping these user account credentials confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. You are solely liable for the protection of user account credentials and for all use of your user account credentials.
Please note that we do not have any control over or responsibility for information or communications you share through our products, software, services, websites or apps, including for any third party websites accessed or linked through them.
C. Where does Loadrite store my personal information?
Your personal information and files are stored on Loadrite servers and the servers of our third party providers we hire to provide services to us. Your personal information may be transferred across national borders because we have servers located worldwide, and the companies we hire to help us run our business are located in different countries around the world.
VII. What Rights and Choices do I have for my personal information? May I close my account with Loadrite?
We strive to provide you with choices regarding your personal information. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of your personal information.
A. Certain Statutory Rights
Under some laws that may be applicable to you, you have rights with regards to your personal information like the following, except as noted:
- The right to access – this means you can request that we provide you with a copy of the personal information Loadrite holds about you;
- The right to correct – this means that you may ask us to correct any mistakes in that information, update your preferences, and/or to delete certain personal information.
NOTE: Many of our software, services, websites and apps allow you to edit your personal information by accessing "my account," "my profile," or a similar feature of the app or website. Likewise, you can delete files or photos you have stored in our websites and apps by logging in and using the deletion functions available. Please further note that in order to correct any information provided as part of your user profile from your company you will need to contact your company’s system administrator.
- The right to opt out – this means you may manage your preferences with regards to any marketing communications you receive from Loadrite, including your right to unsubscribe from receiving marketing communications at any time. This includes your right to request that we remove your email address from our marketing database or that we deactivate your Loadrite ID account.
NOTE: While Loadrite does not sell your information to unaffiliated third parties, in the event that Loadrite elected to do so, you would have the right to ask us not to sell your information by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- The right to delete (erase) – this means you may ask us to delete your information from our systems and we will do so unless we are required to retain such information in order to provide services or the app to you or we require such information to comply with our legal and business obligations under applicable law.
- The right to transfer – this means you may request that we provide you a copy of your personal information, in a commonly used and machine readable format, to be provided to you or to a third party you specify.
B. Can I choose my Privacy Preferences?
We give you choices regarding our marketing practices. If you have consented that we directly market to you per email, phone or mail, you can withdraw this consent at any time by notifying us. For example, you can let us know if you no longer want to receive marketing information. If you are a business customer and have consented to our resellers and authorized sales partners sending you marketing communications, we will make the required information available to the relevant channel partner unless you tell us not to. We will not make consumer data available to third parties.
If you have any questions about these rights or you need assistance with requesting any of these rights, please contact the email@example.com. Please note that we need to retain certain information about you for legal and internal business reasons, such as fraud prevention. We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with the websites and apps you are eligible to use with your Loadrite ID and as needed to comply with our legal obligations and enforce our agreements, but any such information retained will comply with this privacy statement and applicable law.
In addition, you have the ability to control some Usage Information as follows:
- Mobile Applications Background Services. You can set your device to disable device services or to block use of tracking technologies such as cookies.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the app to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s settings.
- Push Notifications. You may have the option to opt out of certain communications to you through the app, e.g., push notifications based on your device ID, through the app’s settings.
Please note that if you disable, block or reject these elements of the Usage Information, some parts of the app may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
Our unique web portfolio and wide product range requires each of Loadrite’s websites to provide its own cookie notice. Refer to the cookie notice on the website you are visiting for more detailed information. You may reject the cookie notice or choose individual cookie settings of that site when visiting or may manage your cookie preferences with your Internet browser.
VIII. Will this Privacy Notice change?
Occasionally, we may change this privacy Notice to allow Loadrite to use or share your personal information in a different way. For new users, the change will become effective upon posting. For existing users, if the change is significant, it will become effective 30 days after posting. We encourage you to periodically review the Loadrite Privacy Notice for the latest information on our privacy practices.
IX. Who can I contact with questions or concerns?
If you have a privacy question or concern, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
X. Certain Disclosures and Rights under US Laws and under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018
A. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
In compliance with the US Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, 15 U.S.C. § 6501.06 and 16 C.F.R. §§ 312.1 – 312.12, our websites and apps are not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. By using our app, you represent that you are not younger than 13. If you think that we have collected personal information from a visitor or user under the age of 13, please contact us at our Loadrite Office of Data Protection.
B. California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018
Opt-out of sharing certain Personal Information
Loadrite may share information about your interest in our products and services with our channel partners (e.g. resellers). If you do want to opt out from such transfers please contact us at email@example.com.
Additional information on exercising your rights as a California Resident
You have the right to exercise the rights listed above free of charge or penalty, but we may limit the number of requests you make or charge reasonable fees as legally permitted.
You may designate an authorized agent to exercise some of your rights; however, in order to help protect the security of your personal information, the authorized agent must follow the same authentication procedures that are required if you exercise your rights without using an agent. Loadrite will verify requests made through authorized agents to help ensure the safety of your account and to comply with our policies and procedures.